Tailored to low AND high-end systems, REX4 Texture Direct is comprised of over 16GB of material ranging from standard resolution to high-definition choices.
All NEW textures... over 16,000 files, most with enhanced algorithms. Texture Direct has a large, easy to read user-interface, and texture installation is lightning fast!
REX4 TEXTURE DIRECT FEATURES:
- All NEW textures... over 16,000 files! (16 GB)
- Intellectually Synced Texture Engine works hand-in-hand with REX4 Weather Direct and REX4 Architect
- Enhanced algorithms
- Large, easy to read user-interface
- Lightning fast texture installation
- Ability to select and install textures individually and/or create custom 'themes' to install a full suite of textures instantly
- Powerful new theme protocols: Local, Weather or Community, where users have the ability to share texture sets (themes) with others using Texture Direct
- Rating system for shared themes
- Ability for users to select weather scenarios or enter airport code to have texture themes generated based upon weather conditions
- Ability to auto start simulator after texture injection
- Easily switch between simulator preference (FSX, P3Dv1.4, P3Dv2, P3Dv3)
- Network capable
- In-app system notifications
- Check for updates feature built-in
- DX9, DX10 and DX11 compliant
- New unique types of cloud base structures
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus
- High-level clouds, including Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Cirrocumulus
- 14 types of lightning: IC, CC and CG
- Worldwide tropical water classification fix, eliminating the repetitive texture tiling effect. Water boundaries blend much more realistically
- Water textures and wave animations compliant with DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Ultra-realistic airport environments made from custom, high-definition aerial photography
- Give ALL default airports in FSX and Prepar3D the payware-style treatment, from light to heavy use runways, taxiways and pavement markings! Highly detailed textures, including runway textured lighting encasements. Originating from HD source photography, runway tire markings are properly scaled within the simulator creating a more realistic viewpoint. Runways with light or heavy wear... your choice, over 32 to choose from, the highest definition textures with the most fidelity on the market!
- The tire marking build-up is fascinating when using the heavy use runway option. Many types of runway grooving and material selection
- Runway lighting encasement textures added to runways to give more depth and a more properly scaled feel
- FINALLY, dirty and soiled runway markings at all airport runways worldwide! No more blown out white marks interfering with your immersion
- Runway markings now support larger aircraft such as the Boeing 777
- 28 amazingly detailed taxiways developed from all types of concrete, asphalt and bitumen
- Runway and taxiway detailed planar bump-map effects
- Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modeled from different materials. Support for ORBX airports
- High-definition taxiway markings with extreme clarity
- Beautiful photo-realistic skies sampled from many locations around the world. HDR texture option included for Prepar3D v2, v3!
- Properly balanced terrain light and shadow values during dawn and dusk
- Smoother transitional algorithms during dawn and dusk times
- Realistic corresponding haze layer values when encountering the proper WX
- 23 types of runway edge and taxiway lighting, some with simulated ground glow
- Extremely detailed and enhanced ground rain effect
- Realistic dirty airport parking and jetway marks
- Easy to read, enhanced airport signage. Different lighting conditions dictate the range of colors from yellow to orange and red to amber. A wonderful shiny finish with matte black backings
- Sun, corona, glow, flares and special effects, giving the most realistic renditions of atmospheric conditions. Panning around your aircraft at different angles during beginning or end of day will yield just how dynamic these effects can be. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11!
- With REX leading the way in water rendering, the new tech built into REX Texture Direct will leave you speechless. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Environment sound effects. Jaw-dropping in/out cockpit precipitation and thunder sounds
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows Vista SP2 or greater
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X, FSX-Steam Edition, Prepar3D v.1.4, Prepar3D v.2, or Prepar3D v.3
- RAM: 2GB or greater
- Hard Drive: 30GB of free space for installation
- Video Card: 512mb DirectX9 or greater
- Other: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (Included with installer)
- Internet Connection: Required only for Community Sharing and Software Updates
Many more screenshots and videos are available at the REX4 Website.
No refund, credit or replacement of any kind is available for download products. It is your responsibility to transfer your purchased download products from our servers to your computer. Considering the technical nature of the internet, REX Game Studios will make every effort to resolve any issues you may have while attempting to download your products to ensure successful delivery.
"Installation was smooth, I followed all instructions as REX posted in the Install Guide. The textures are great, FSX runs smooth and looks awesome. I have also REX Essentials +OD and the new Direct Texture is even better, hard to believe. The time to load theme was around 2 seconds so I did not even believe and thought it crashed or something, but it did load. BTW it does not replace Essentials but simply co-exist with it so you can really use either one, your choice of preference. Bottom line the best textures from REX so far and probably the best textures available period." - David Papis
"If you do not have this, you are seriously missing out. This makes the game 10 times better than normal. AWESOME. The best add-on there is for FSX. This is a game changer. The texture sets are truly amazing and up to 4096x4096 High Definition. Don't think, buy it now. Worth every penny. It also has a very simple and user-friendly interface." - Jerrod Corey
Awesome, the sky & clouds look so real!" - Mark Carey
Terrific. A must have. It's amazing! My fps are great! 40+ with an MSI 7870 and an AMD Processor @ 4.2. I love it!" - Liam Bailey
I'm really impressed by the beautiful simplicity of the menu. The textures load uber fast from a Solid State Drive (SSD) (like 2 seconds!) and they look and run better than ever. I thoroughly recommend REX 4 to anyone who is running Prepar3D v2 from an SSD." - Anthony Neave
"The textures look phenomenal and extremely realistic. Those Nimbostratus Pannus clouds look exactly like the actual ones in a picture I took while in the air a while ago when I flew. Fantastic job REX team!" - Hank D.C.