Milviz and REX partnered up to solve the difficult challenges related to a fully functional weather radar: combining a modernized airborne radar with sophisticated digital signal processing, resulting in a superior multi-functional hazardous weather detection and avoidance system.
The REX/Milviz WX Advantage Weather Radar is awarded an overall Mutley's Hangar score of 9.2/10, with a "Highly Recommended" and a Mutley's Hangar Silver Award.
– Modeled after the Bendix RDR-4B system.
– State-of-the-art processing providing high standards of performance and reliability.
– Accurate placement of precipitation along the azimuth of the radar beam.
– Experience a realism never before seen in a radar gauge.
– As you fly in and out of precipitation it will match the display - accurately.
Display & Performance
– Non-fading, high resolution color display of precipitation data at selectable ranges up to 160 nautical miles (NM).
– Continuously measures four levels of precipitation: green for light precipitation, yellow for moderate, red for heavy, and magenta for severe precipitation and turbulence.
– High-resolution 3D precipitation density map, taking advantage of video hardware acceleration for greater performance and level of detail.
Compatible with all Weather Engines
– Compatible with all payware and freeware weather engines as well as payware and freeware aircraft.
– Each license of the radar allows activation for all three flight simulators.
Aircraft Gauge Management Tool
– Easily install, edit or remove the 2D radar gauge in any default or 3rd-party aircraft.
– Includes four different types of 2D gauges: dark and clean, dark with dirt, light and clean, light with dirt.
– Select which version best represents the cockpit you are flying in.
– Easily adjust the aspect ratio, size, and location of the radar gauge.
Unique Cloudscan and Dynamic Precipitation Sync
– Because the system continuously measures and syncs precipitation, you will receive realistic and accurately placed radar echoes that precisely match depicted atmospheric conditions.
– Also includes a nifty wet runway feature. Though there may be radar echoes nearby, the runways near precipitation will appear as if rain had just fallen.
Includes full TILT functions. The system analyzes the complete scale of storm structures in real-time and accurately represents the effect of radar attenuation when larger more dense cells are in front of other cells, causing a rain shadow effect.
Never Miss an Update
Includes a built-in auto update feature which allows you to easily update your software.
"Finally a panel add-on that is more than just a filler and cockpit eye candy. A weather radar that actually has practical use for those IFR sim pilots or those wanting to have a more realistic pilot experience in their sim. The WX Advantage Radar actually works, by reflecting the true precipitation density as well as the distance altitude and turbulence layers with a working tilt giving the pilot a good 3D mental picture of what's ahead. While using this radar I was able for the first time in a sim to accurately modify my flight attitude for weather avoidance. This radar brings their incredibly realistic environment via either a default or advanced weather theme, live weather engine or your own weather creation. The true utility and viability is that it is not for just 1 aircraft in your hanger, but can be used in every aircraft or vehicle in the library! I have even used it on the X55 sailing yacht, which works great. In my opinion the WX Advantage Radar is a must have add-on." - Murray Bremner
"I have been using both payware and freeware weather radars for years, always looking for "the one". I feel safe in saying that this radar seems to be it. It has all the right things going for it. You get real precipitation depicted in the unit as well as turbulence. It contains an aircraft management tool, so it's extremely easy to install in all of your payware and freeware aircraft. Plus you can use it with any weather engine. I've used it with REX and ASN as well as good old FSX & P3D weather and it works great! I can't wait to see developers start using it in the VC's of their add-ons. You can already use it in the Milviz 737-200, and it looks awesome. Great piece of software guys!" - Glen Mobley
"After downloading newest installer files from REX Website the product installed correctly and looks excellent. It is easy to use and position." - Terry Weaver
"Works well in MS FSX! Easy to install and is much more capable than the other weather radar I use. Really a 100% supporter of it's incorporation into other flight sim addon aircraft in future. Easy installation too." - Dennis Amorose
"Beautiful colors, works great. like it better then the others." - Peter Veres
No refund, credit or replacement of any kind is available for download products. It is your responsibility to transfer your purchased download products from our servers to your computer. Considering the technical nature of the internet, REX Game Studios will make every effort to resolve any issues you may have while attempting to download your products to ensure successful delivery.
Windows Operating System:
Hard Drive Space: