As part of the REX 5 family of products, Sky Force 3D adds true dimension and atmospheric immersion due to its complete overhaul of the weather, texture, effects, environment audio and cloud model SDK. Compatible with Prepar3D v1, 2, 3 and 4+, FSX Steam and FSX.
Owners of previous REX product(s) automatically receive 15% off! To receive this discount, you must purchase Sky Force where you originally purchased your other REX product(s).
"REX has a habit of reinventing one's flight sim experience and with Sky Force 3D they’ve once again pushed the boundaries to the limit."
"I rate Sky Force 3D 4.80 out of 5. This truly gave me an exceptional added flight simulation experience. Thank you for creating this amazing addition - Keep up the excellent work!"
As part of the REX 5 family of products, Sky Force 3D is a complete overhaul of the weather, texture, effects, environment sounds and cloud model SDK while bringing dimension and immersion to Prepar3D v1, 2, 3 and 4+, FSX Steam and FSX.
• Newly Restructured Cloud SDK
• 3000+ New Realistic 3D Cloud Models (Cloud Structures) Based on Real-World Cloud Classification
• Dynamic Synchronization
• 20+GB Natural Photo-Based Environment Textures
• Weather Engine
• Integrated Flight Center
• Interactive Mapping System
• Built-in PTA Integration
• Innovative Sky and Sun Atmospherics
• Lightning Effects
• HD Environment Sound Effects
• Compatible With All Weather Engines and Environment Texture Products
• ... and Much More!
3000+ Realistic 3D Cloud Models and Cloud Structures
The clouds in the simulator are modelled in 3D, just like the aircraft you fly. Instead of a handful of 3D clouds that currently reside in the simulator, we have created thousands of new 3D cloud models (cloud structures) and cloud types developed in comparison to their real-world counterpart. These include altocumulus, stratocumulus, humilis, mediocris, congestus, tower cumulus, cumulonimbus calvus, stratus, nimbostratus, altostratus, cirrus class, cloud streets, super cells, wall clouds, funnel, shelf, rain shaft and tornadoes.
We had to gut the current weather and cloud model system within the flight simulator. One of these core elements was to develop a new cloud model system built around the exact world cloud classification system.
– Patterned after real-world cloud classifications with their own specifications.
– Clouds types, including; altocumulus, stratocumulus, humilis, mediocris, congestus, tower cumulus, cumulonimbus calvus, supercell and rainshaft, tornado, stratus, nimbostratus, altostratus and cirrus class.
– Real-world cloud model system including cloud streets, super cells, wall clouds, funnel, shelf, rain shaft and tornadoes.
– Restructured cloud SDK for true formation realism.
– No more upside-down clouds in bizarre and unrealistic positions.
– Single-session cloud texture variation, allowing more variety during a flight session.
– The system models storm structures reaching 70,000 feet.
– We also modeled the base of our storm clouds and added rain shafts to calvus and incus cumulonimbus clouds of various intensities, adding to the realism.
– Wall and shelf clouds, and in some circumstances these will include funnel clouds and tornadoes of various shapes and sizes.
Real-Time Weather Engine
– The weather engine harnesses over 70,000 points of weather data globally, and reads & interprets live model data to sample the atmosphere and therefore will sync the appropriate clouds structures, allowing for more accuracy.
– Using the weather engine is as simple as opening Sky Force and the simulator. That's it, everything is done automatically without the fuss.
Photo-Based Natural Environment Textures and Innovative Sky Atmospheric Effects
– Tailored to low and high-end systems.
– Elevate this new visual experience through our new natural, photo-based environment textures while exploiting the power of PTA integration (The PTA tool add-on is not a requirement).
– Smoother, more realistic and natural sky color blending at dawn and dusk as well as newly improved visibility and fog.
– With VBlend and Vaporous Skies, we have achieved more realistic horizontal and vertical day, dawn and dusk fog generation and sky visibility blending.
– The sun atmospheric rendering effects yield cinematic results creating even more realism.
Full 10-Day Cycle Sky Texture Sets
– When the 10-Day Cycle is installed, the simulator will dynamically load a different sky color transition from sunrise through sunset each day within the sim.
Streamlined Texture Installation Process
– Lightning fast texture installation.
– Select and install textures individually or create custom 'themes' to install a full suite instantly.
PTA Presets Built-In
– The PTA presets included in Sky Force 3D were specifically designed for use with the sky textures and atmospheric effects in Sky Force 3D. The Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) is required for use with our presets, but not necessary for normal use.
– Sample videos included presenting the results of PTA preset/texture combinations. We have taken the guess work out of the equation, and presented you with a full atmospheric representation ranging from sunrise through sunset.
– PTA integration is a one-click install and all textures as well as the PTA preset are installed automatically.
3D Cloud Synchronization
Synchronization technology which dynamically syncs 3D cloud model structures in real-time during flight.
– View your flight plan and experience true weather along a route.
– Supports the standard XML based plan file type from the simulator.
– Download a community shared flight plan directly inside Sky Force from our vast community base.
– Immediate contact with a vast user base in which to share or download flight plans.
– Easy, one click upload to share.
Interactive Mapping System
Provides 9 weather overlays, allowing you to visually sample the weather prior to departure.
• Precipitation Overlay – Detailed precipitation overlays.
• Winds Overlay – 9 levels of wind from 3,000 to 53,000 feet.
• Temps Overlay – 9 levels of temperatures from 3,000 to 53,000 feet.
• Pireps Overlay – Read position and data from real-life pilots across the world.
• Sigmets Overlay – Provides global sigmet data in real-time.
• Metar Overlay – For accuracy, our servers download weather 6 times per hour.
• Flight Plan Overlay – If you import a flight plan, a visual view of that plan is presented.
• Major Airport Overlay – Provides a vital point of reference as you fly.
• Major Road Overlay – A road overlay for VFR pilots.
• Zoom Feature – Local level to regional level zoom capabilities.
• Precip Opacity – Reduce precipitation echo opacity for easier viewing.
– Filter through various uploaded environment themes.
– For ease, we have provided the means for many of these themes to be categorized based on several weather conditions.
– Sky Force continues to expand the tradition of providing a connected shared community within its products. Similarly, to our shared community flight plans, you can also share your environment creations within the program.
– After you create an environment theme, you have the option to use our REX Edge servers to pass on your theme to the rest of the Sky Force community.
Never Miss an Update!
Includes a built-in auto update feature which allows you to easily update your software.
"The difference is stunning just the first time that I used RSF3D. Huge billowing cloud formations.
"Just an amazing product from REX, the visuals are great. A highly recommended product!" - Walter Almaraz
"Ok I need to say this up front, this is the first time that tornadoes can be seen and watched in FSX-SE, FSX or P3D. I mean, tornadoes! How awesome is that!" - David Walton
"Weather Engine needs updates (they come) but the rest is best there is out there for P3D. Adds so many cloud variations and features that ASCA does NOT have. So worth the money for me easy." - Alexander Wolff
"I will admit, I had doubts about this product but i am very happy to report i am in love with the new clouds & textures. Great job REX!" - Wayne George
"Good product! We hoped that the developers will bring it to mind. Will delight us with new updates! I use it in P3D v4, after the last fix so far all seems OK!" - Sergey Kazakov
"Amazing Product. I use V4 and this product has enhanced my visual experience by a lot. Altogether truly fabulous! Highly recommend this product." - Edward Taylor
"Excellent product I'm very happy with this purchase. Well done REX." - Angus Rowlands
"REX provided a patch today that allowed me to get the software up and running with FSX. I was impressed that it appears they worked onto the evening last night and at least part of today to get the patch into user's hands as quickly as possible. It's a big program with a lot of options and an 85 page manual." - Dale Sinder
No refund, credit or replacement of any kind is available for download products. It is your responsibility to transfer your purchased download products from our servers to your computer. Considering the technical nature of the internet, REX Game Studios will make every effort to resolve any issues you may have while attempting to download your products to ensure successful delivery.
Windows Operating System:
Hard Drive Space: